Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's Tailgating Time

School has started...there have been days where the Temperature is only in the 80's....and people are beginning to refer to Christmas...already....so what does this mean? It's about time for a little Mountaineer Football! For my fellow Appalachian alumni, you share in this excitement with me. What comes with football? Tailgating! I have recently started my own cooking class at work entitled "You Can Cook:"..and next month's theme is of course "You Can Cook: Tasty Tailgating Treats" .. you can imagine how much fun I've had testing recipes! Here's a unique recipe I found that was really tasty! Let's hope my class likes it next month!

Edamame Dip (instead of your typical guacamole dip)
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/edamame-dip-688197/


  • 1 pound shelled edamame (these soybeans are available in the frozen-foods section at grocery stores)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
  • 5 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Puree all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until the mixture is smooth. Makes 2 1/2 cups. Serve with store bought or homemade tortilla chips!

Here are a few pictures from Appalachian's Fan Fest last weekend. Too bad none of my friends know who Corey Smith is...but at least Madelyn will be a future ASU Dance Team Member. :)













Love,

Katie










No comments:

Post a Comment